1. Faculty mentors are acting as mentors for animal geography-related material only.
2. Faculty mentors are not expected to act as a primary mentor for research projects. This means that the faculty mentors are not expected to review manuscripts/dissertation chapters or provide financial support. While we obviously do not wish to prevent closer connections from happening, we want to be clear that the faculty mentors are not expected to provide this level of attention.
1. Questions about job searches: How can I ‘sell’ my animal geography work on the job market? What are the pros and cons of calling myself an animal geographer?
2. Questions about being an animal geographer: Is it hard to get grants? Where do you publish? How do I get started? What if my department doesn’t seem to care about animal geography?
3. Questions about a project: I saw that you used this research method for your project - do you think it would be helpful for mine? I’m interested in the area you are generally working in – do you think this project would make an interesting contribution?
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved